Strawberry and rhubarb is probably one of the best early-summer duos we can imagine. In honor of World Gin Day (June 13), we created this delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Gin Fizz that will have you tasting summer no matter what time of year it is.
Unless you already have some rhubarb gin in your bar collection, this will take some time (potentially several weeks for the infusion), but if you stock up on rhubarb while it’s in season and infuse a big batch, you’ll be able to enjoy this tasty and refreshing beverage all year round.
You will need:
- 3 1/2 cups of washed & chopped rhubarb stalks
- 1 cup sugar
- 500 mL gin (about 2 cups) (we used Spring44 Distilling Gin)
- Cut rhubarb stalks into small (about 1 cm) pieces.
- Place into large jar and add sugar.
- Seal the jar and shake to combine. Leave overnight to allow time for the sugar to pull the juice out of the rhubarb.
- After 24 hours, add the gin and shake again.
We infused our gin for about 3 weeks, but depending on your preference you may want to let it infuse for a longer or shorter duration. Give the jar an occasional shake throughout the process and taste often! When it has reached your desired level of flavor, it’s done! We’ve heard of infusing as long as 4 weeks, and as short as 12 hours.
When you decide your gin is ready, it’s time mix up a delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Gin Fizz!
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- 2-3 fresh (or frozen) strawberries
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 oz rhubarb-infused gin
- Klarbrunn Strawberry Guava sparkling water
- Strawberries and/or lemon for garnish
- Muddle 2-3 strawberries with lemon juice in the bottom of a mason jar. If using frozen strawberries you may need to wait a few minutes for thawing. The lemon juice should help speed up the process.
- Add in rhubarb gin and stir.
- Fill the rest of the jar with ice and top with Strawberry Guava sparkling water.
- Garnish with fruit and enjoy!
We’d love to know if you try our infusion or cocktail recipe! Let us know how it goes in the comments! Cheers!