We’re already getting lots of snow in Wisconsin so we were inspired to create this drink to help us stay warm and cozy!
To make two toddies you’ll need:
- 1/2 tsp cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 anise stars (one for the syrup and one to garnish each drink)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups apple cider
- 4 oz aquavit (we used the Celebration Aquavit from 45th Parallel Distillery!)
- Begin by heating the apple cider on the stove. While it is warming up, we’ll make a spiced honey simple syrup.
- Heat cardamom, peppercorns, and star anise in a dry sauce pan over medium heat, stirring and crushing them against the pan until fragrant.
- After about 2 minutes, add water and sugar, and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently to dissolve sugar.
- Let cool.
- Stir in the honey and add to the heated cider.
- Once the mixture is heated thoroughly, remove from heat and stir in aquavit.
- Serve immediately in mugs, and garnish with star anise.